Pro JPA 2 introduces, explains, and demonstrates how one can use the Java patience API (JPA). JPA offers Java builders with either the information and perception had to write Java purposes that entry relational databases via JPA.
Authors Mike Keith and Merrick Schincariol take a hands–on method of instructing via giving examples to demonstrate every one thought of the API and displaying the way it is utilized in practice.
the entire examples use a standard version from an overriding pattern program, giving readers a context from which to begin and assisting them to appreciate the examples inside of an already time-honored area.
After finishing the ebook, you've got an entire figuring out and be capable of effectively code functions utilizing JPA. The ebook additionally serves as a reference advisor in the course of preliminary and later JPA program experiences.
- Hands-on examples for all of the facets of the JPA specification, in line with the reference implementation of this specification
- A targeted part on migration to JPA
- Expert perception approximately numerous facets of the API and after they are helpful
- Portability tricks to supply elevated knowledge of the potential of non–portable JPA code
What you’ll learn
- Get begun with company purposes utilizing JPA 2
- Get in control with object–relational mapping and Entity supervisor
- Learn and use queries and the question language (JP QL)
- Employ complicated object–relational mapping thoughts
- Use XML mapping records and examine different complex thoughts
- Package and set up your Java endurance purposes
- Test your Java patience purposes
- Migrate your Java patience functions
Who this ebook is for
The e-book in most cases pursuits company and patience builders who fall in a single of 3 categories:
- Those who're new to endurance; we are going to current a few history details and introduce those readers to the fundamental endurance strategies to deliver them in control.
- Those who recognize and/or use existing ORM patience items corresponding to Hibernate or TopLink.
- Those who've already used JPA and need to benefit about newer features introduced by JPA 2, or have an outstanding reference publication to refer to after they increase JPA functions.
In normal, we imagine that the reader is an expert with Java, SQL, and JDBC, and has a bit wisdom of J2EE.
Table of Contents
- Getting began
- Enterprise functions
- Object-Relational Mapping
- Collection Mapping
- Entity supervisor
- Using Queries
- Query Language
- Criteria API
- Advanced Object-Relational Mapping
- Advanced themes
- XML Mapping documents
- Packaging and Deployment